Interview: Ezra From What? The Website for Local Businesses
- Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you do currently…
I have been in business for myself or helped others run theirs for many years, I always hated how much money was spent on customer acquisition, from the cost of having marketing staff or buying leads or spending your life savings on google and Facebook ads. I decided it was time for something new, a marketplace for all small business owners, to help them get found online easily by customers in their community that are looking for a service that they offer. That is why I built What.
- What inspired you to start doing your own business venture?
Let’s face it, you either work to build someone else’s dreams or you work to build you own dreams, isn’t that why we are all in business for ourselves?
- What has been your biggest achievement so far?
It certainly was not the last diet I tried, I don’t often like to compare achievements to business, I don’t think we ever achieve anything in business as we are always looking to grow and expand, I think by biggest achievement was probably coming out in 1 piece after my mid-life crisis.
- What fuels you to keeps you going each day?
I’d love to say it probably the thrill of achieve something better than I did the day before, to try and make today my best day every day, in reality the answer is probably more down to coffee.
- Tell us about your new online platform in a nutshell?
What, levels the playing field for small businesses all across the UK, they have their own mini webpage on our platform to promote their business, build their credibility through reviews, sell products online, promote special offers, share their business news and events and also recruit too.
It’s an all-in-one platform that helps local businesses be found more easily by local consumers.
We also aim to publish our first magazine in Scotland soon, going out to 50,000 homes in the local area every quarter.
- Do you have any special offers for small business owners?
We do, everyone can benefit from a standard account absolutely free of charge, which they can use forever for free, or they can upgrade to a verified membership, which is normally £14.99 a month and £49 to setup, but for 2021, they can get the setup free and only £9.99 a month, plus the first verified member in a postcode district in their category will become founder members for life, for free.
- Can you give our readers 2 key tips for success in business?
Fail fast, every business success usually always has failures before it, so if your business idea is failing, you might as well get over it quickly and get onto the next one, it might be the success your looking for next.
Don’t do it for you, do it for your customers, if you work hard at helping people, you will retain your customers and get more, more quickly, if you only do it for you, people will soon realise it and you will be left standing all alone.
I always work at making the customer the centre of what we do, and I work at making my staff the centre also, good customer and good staff, the you part comes when you get that right.
- If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring 3 things what would they be?
The plug for the internet, all the money in the world and my wife’s phone charger.
There is no doubt I would be rescued in no time at all.
- How do you describe yourself in 5 words?
Most people just use 1 word, but I can’t say that here, I think for me I would say, Dedicated, Caring, Loyal, and Ambitious. Lastly, I would say family, because they are my driving force.
- Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Where can we find and follow you online?
Our website is – https://whatoffers.co.uk
Facebook – facebook.com/WhatOffers
LinkedIn – WhatOffers
Twitter – WhatOffers
Instagram – WhatOffers
Got a Question?
>> Leave your feedback or questions in the comments below.
*Get your own expert interview here: https://taxtwerk.com/advertise
See more of our expert interviews here:
- Spotlight Interview: Wealth & Financial Expert Leonie Fitzgerald
- Artist Interview: 56 and Fabulous MC Lady Z the Female Rapper
- Expert Interview: Roman Zanoni Scaled His Business to Seven Figures
- Spotlight Interview: Social Media Marketing Expert Geniene Lane!
- Interview: Julie, Mom of Two & Network Marketing Expert! @Syl_julekalungi
- Spotlight Interview: Mental Health Champion and Business Development Expert Sandeep