One of the outstanding features of the Venmo e-wallet is the issuance of debit and credit cards. These two cards are very popular with young users because of their trendy design and flexible trading features. How to get a new Venmo card? If you are eager to own a Venmo card but do not know how to do it, this article will guide you in detail. Read it now.
Related to how to get a new Venmo card:
How do I get a Venmo debit card?
What is a Venmo Debit Card?
The Venmo card works like a debit card and works through the Mastercard network. Currently, the Venmo card can only be used in the United States.
What is a Venmo debit card for?
The Venmo debit card allows its holder to use their Venmo balance to make purchases outside of the app and at any merchant that accepts Mastercard throughout the United States.
Venmo cards also have a reload feature. You can use it in case your balance is not enough to pay the transaction. This type of reload means that you will transfer money from the bank account associated with the Venmo card to cover the cost of shopping. What you need to do is hit the Reload button on the app before paying.
In addition to making shopping easy, you can use your Venmo card as a cash card at public ATMs. Withdrawals will be free at MoneyPass® ATMs in the US, other ATMs will be charged $2.50 – $3 for a single withdrawal.
Venmo cards can also be used to top up Venmo wallet balances. This deposit process will take 3-5 business days. Here are detailed instructions on how to top up with Venmo card:
- Go to the app’s main screen, tap the ☰ button
- Click on “Manage balance”
- Enter the amount you want to deposit into your wallet and press the “Done” button
- Please double check the information before selecting Finish as this transaction is non-refundable.
How to get a new Venmo card
Here’s the simple steps to get your Venmo debit card:
- Open the Venmo app on your phone, make sure you’ve verified your identity.
- In the top left corner, select the ☰ icon
- Tap the “Get Venmo Card” button at the bottom of the screen
- Next, choose your favorite color. Venmo will create a card for you in one of these colors: white, yellow, pink, green, blue, and black. Then select “Next”.
- Enter your first and last name. Then select “Next”.
- In the next screen, enter the last 4 digits of your social security and the row below is your birthday.
- Do not skip reading the terms and conditions carefully. Then select “Next”.
- In the next screen, you will enter the address where you want to receive your Venmo card
- Venmo will then ask if you want to enable auto-reload if your balance is low. It will connect to the bank account you added earlier. If you have added more than one bank account, choose one of them. Then select “Next”.
- Finally, you need to check all the information and press the “Submit” button.
- You can check the results of this request in the “Venmo Card” section
- If the process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email and after 5-7 days the card will be sent to the above address.
Instructions to activate Venmo debit card:
- Once you receive your debit card, you need to activate it before you can use it
- First, open the Venmo payment app on your phone
- Tap the menu tab in the upper corner of the application screen
- Click on “Venmo Card”
- Tap the “Activate” button
- Then enter the information on the card, including: expiration date, card number, CVV number
- Next, create a Venmo PIN, then confirm it again
- When the procedure is complete, the application will have a message “Your Venmo Card has been activated”
- You can instantly top up your Venmo card.
Notes when using Venmo debit card
In the process of using your Venmo card, if you lose or have your card stolen. Report the card lock immediately by calling 855-204-4090. Alternatively, you can lock your card on the Venmo app by following these steps:
- Tap the ☰ icon on the application screen. Go to “Settings” then “Venmo Debit Card”
- Then select “Deactivate the card”
- If you later find your pass, you can re-enter the app and reactivate it.
Venmo credit card
In addition to debit cards, Venmo also offers users Visa credit cards. Currently, this application is having a program to give away $ 100 for new cardholders to stimulate users to open cards. In terms of design, the Venmo credit card is more sporty and technological than the Venmo debit card.
In terms of features, the Venmo credit card has the most prominent feature of cashback on purchases. For your first $250 spend, you’ll get 3% cashback or $7.50. For the next $150 spent, you’ll get a $3 refund. Subsequent funds have a 1% cashback value.
You can use your Venmo credit card like any other credit card. During group parties, you can use this card to pay, then chargeback with your friends using Venmo. Visa Venmo credit cards are very secure. You don’t need to worry about money theft or fraud.
Basically, if you’re an eligible user, Venmo will have a credit card ready for you. You can contact Venmo Support Center to get the card. And here are 2 ways to enable it:
- Option 1, connect your phone to the Internet, use your phone camera to scan the QR code on your Venmo credit card. Then click activate.
- Option 2, call the hotline 855-890-6779. to be activated manually.
Here’s how you can get your new Venmo card and how to activate it and how to use it. The Venmo card will give you more flexibility with your cash flow. You can shop for the items you like or share the bill. The Venmo card is also a unique piece of tech jewelry because of its eye-catching design. However, consider and check your spending regularly to avoid overdraft.