About 15 million iPhones are sold in the United States every year. This explains why this article is so helpful. Because iPhone users increasingly need to use the Venmo application for their online transactions. In this article, we will detail how to set up Venmo on iPhone. Consult now if you own a phone of this brand and want to transact with Venmo.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is the most popular social payment app for friends right now. This application has more than 60 million registered accounts and is growing with many attractive and trending features. Venmo is owned by Paypal – a leading digital payments company in the world. This explains why this application always brings a perfect user experience.
What you can do on Venmo?
Venmo is an e-wallet optimized for mobile devices. With Venmo, you can:
- Send money or ask friends to transfer money to you
- Create a payment group with friends to split the bill
- Drop a heart or comment on your friends’ deals
- Pay bills or shop at businesses affiliated with Venmo
- Use your Venmo debit card to shop
- Pay for online applications such as HULU, Delivery.com, Foot Locker and more
These features will be developed and innovated day by day. Because the Venmo team understands they need to completely satisfy their users so that users don’t use another trading platform.
How to set up venmo on iPhone
As a mobile-optimized online payment application, Venmo is available on iPhone – the world’s most famous phone brand. In this article, we will guide you through setting up Venmo on iPhone and will share more tips for you to master this application.
How to set up Venmo on iPhone:
- Open the App Store. This is an alternative to the Android Play Store. It is available on your home screen.
- Type Venmo into the search bar, and you’ll see the Venmo app’s icon in the search results.
- Click GET. The button will change to “INSTALL”.
- Click INSTALL. This step may require re-entering the iCloud password.
Venmo will now download to your device. Once the installation is complete, the Venmo icon will be added to your home screen.
Instructions for creating a Venmo account on iPhone. You can do the same on an iPad:
- You open the Venmo app on the phone screen
- You can click “Sign up with Facebook”. This will help you quickly connect with friends if they are also using Venmo and have a Facebook account linked.
- Then tap the Venmo Symbol to launch the app, then tap Continue as <your name> .
- Next you need to fill in your personal information, phone number and email to complete the basic profile.
- If you don’t already have a Facebook account, sign up for a Venmo account with your email or phone number by entering your new information and password. Then do the verification. This is also the next step of how to create an account with Facebook
- If you register an account with your phone number, Venmo will send a confirmation code to your device, you just need to enter the code to verify.
- If you register an account by Email, Venmo will send a confirmation link to the email you registered, you just need to go to your computer to open the mail, click on the link to complete the verification.
- After verifying your phone number or email, you need to create your own username. This name will show up on the newsfeed for your friends to recognize you.
- Then, the Venmo screen will display a message asking “Do you want to add your Facebook friends to your Venmo”. There are two options for you: “OK” and “Not Now”
- Next, Venmo will access your contacts. The app will let you pick someone from your contact list into Venmo. You can also choose or not choose as you like.
- After selecting the contact list, click “Send”. Or click “Ignore” if you don’t want to add anyone.
The total time to perform these steps is about 15 minutes. You need to read the information carefully to avoid mistakes. Another thing you need to keep in mind, is that Venmo is only compatible with iOS 10.0 and up. For iPhones that are using an old operating system, you need to upgrade the operating system first.
The difference of Venmo on iPhone
Apple fans are quite excited when Venmo has an iMessage payment feature. To install this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to iMessage app
- Press the button
- Choose more
- Select Venmo app icon
- When the Venmo icon turns green, you’re done
- Note: To transfer money back and forth using Venmo on iMessage, both parties must enable this feature
With each iOS update, the steps may be slightly different. In short, you need to go to iMessage to link Venmo to it.
To send money to a friend using Venmo through iMessage, follow these steps:
- Open a conversation with the person you want to transfer money or charge
- Tap the arrow button on the left side of the screen and select the icon
- Scroll the screen to find the Venmo icon
- Select either “Request” or “Payment” buttons
- Fill in the amount and enter the note, then you press “Request” or “Payment”
If you have never done this feature before, iMessage will have full step-by-step instructions for you.
How to add friends to Venmo on iPhone?
It’s much easier to connect with friends on Venmo with an iPhone than with other phones. Detailed instructions for you:
- Go to the Venmo app
- Go to the main screen and select “Settings”
- Select “Friends & Social”
- Remove the on/off button in Contacts and Facebook Connections
- If your friends also do this, the two of you will be able to connect
Everything is very easy on Venmo. Above are the instructions on installing Venmo on iPhone and some related tasks. You will quickly feel that this application really saves you a lot of time and helps you get the perfect deals. Don’t skip the security steps to protect your money and personal information.
More Relating to How to Set Up Venmo on iPhone: