Money transfers are popular today, and Venmo is one of the most popular apps in this regard. Over the years, many people have started using Venmo because it is easy to use and transfer money to family, friends, etc. Given its popularity, you may want to open your own Venmo account. To do this, you must register and link an existing bank account. Here’s how to set up a Venmo account in a short and easy guide. Venmo is one of the most widely used money transfer applications. It allows you to easily transfer money to friends, family, or anyone else, and you can establish a direct connection with your bank.
If you don’t have a Venmo account and want to set one up, the process is pretty simple. You can even link your bank account in minutes if you are with a national organization.
More On How to Set Up a Venmo Account:
How to set up a Venmo Account- Step by Step Guide
Setting up a Venmo account will allow the process to run smoothly. For the most part, the procedure is not difficult, but you need to follow the correct steps to get it done quickly and without encountering any problems. Here’s how to set up a new Venmo account:
- Get the app – Of course, the first step you need to take is downloading the app on your smartphone. It’s available on Android and iOS, which is great. Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, open the app.
- Select the option from the bottom screen: At the bottom, you will have two options, respectively, “Sign up for email” or “Sign up for Facebook”. Choose the one that is most convenient for you.
- Provide information: This step will vary depending on whether you are signing in via email or Facebook. If you choose the email option, you will be asked for your first name, last name, email and password. In the meantime, if you choose Facebook, the app will do the work for you. All you have to do is click “Continue” and then set the correct permissions for the application.
- Provide your phone number: Venmo will ask for your phone number so that it can obtain a verification code. Give the number. The code you receive through messages is made up of four digits. Enter it in the box when you receive it, then tap “Enter code.”
- After following all these steps, your Venmo account will be created. You can choose your username and profile picture at this time. However, if you don’t want to do it now, you can check this step later.
What is Venmo and how does it work?
Venmo is a subsidiary of PayPal, developed by Venmo LLC and founded in 2009. It is a mobile payment service used to transfer funds within the United States. Venmo is based in New York, USA you can operate Venmo on your Android and iOS devices, but it is not available for the Windows operating system. You can find the mobile application in the related store of your device.
To use Venmo payment, you must download the mobile app on your device. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can create an account on Venmo. After creating an account, you can add any US bank account for transfer and payment. So if you haven’t created a Venmo account by then, here is a comprehensive guide to creating and setting up a Venmo account.
How to sync contacts on Venmo
Once you’ve entered your information, you can sync your contacts from Facebook or your phone to easily pay your friends.
- If you have not signed up for Facebook earlier in the process, you will be asked to link your account. Select “Not now” or “OK.”
- Touch “Next” to select the phone contacts to sync. If you don’t want to sync any contacts at this time, just select “Skip” in the upper right corner.
- Scroll through the privacy information by sliding your finger to the left until you reach the screen that says “You are in charge”. Then tap “Done” in the upper right corner.
Hope this article related to how to set up Venmo account – an easy guide will helpful and beneficial for you.