Selling On Handmade At Amazon
A Guide To Selling On Handmade At Amazon
Here is a simple guide to selling on handmade at Amazon. Did you know Amazon has a handmade platform? A lot of people are already selling their crafts on it and making a lot of money every month. Learn more below.
Similar to selling on handmade at Amazon:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, there is no extra cost to you
Amazon Handmade vs Etsy
Amazon as of late opened up a handmade marketplace and you can start selling on handmade at Amazon. For example, many people were selling weavings and gems for a considerable length of time through Etsy, they are now eager to attempt another marketplace.
However, not all other handmade platforms have the same number of shoppers OR traffic as Etsy. Some of them have even shut down for good, while Etsy has kept on developing consistently.
Be that as it may, handmade at Amazon is extraordinary and it is a great opportunity to sell on the biggest e-commerce website in the world. Numerous distributions have announced handmade at Amazon an “Etsy replacement” as of now. I know heaps of people will be eager to have an option to Etsy due to the way that Etsy has transformed.
If you’re in a rush, Pin this on Pinterest for later.
Pros And Cons Of Handmade At Amazon
Pros Of Selling On Handmade At Amazon:
- Amazon handmade fees: Selling professionally on Amazon ordinarily costs $39.99 per month, however by joining now for handmade at Amazon, the fee is waived until 31 December 2019. So do it now.
- Every dealer application is checked on widely. Selling on handmade at Amazon even arranged things from merchants to endeavour to confirm they weren’t mass-produced. This will restrict affiliates and wholesalers, which makes everything fair. Mass produced things run widespread on Etsy.
- Extremely enormous client base – Amazon is a #1 name in web-based shopping, so you’re increasing your odds of being seen. They have around 250 million clients!
- You have the choice to give Amazon a chance to dispatch your things for you in case you’re doing alright to send them heaps of products on the double – ideal for those of you who make printed things! This will enable you to exploit Prime delivery/free dispatching also, which may attract more clients.
- Ability to do all transportation through the site – you can purchase and print from their interface.
- Smaller measures of vendors and things. Last I looked, handmade at Amazon has around 250,000 products recorded, while Etsy (toward the finish of 2014) had 29 million products recorded. Less challenge.
- Ability to make and sell custom products – their interface for customization of products is a lot more pleasant than Etsy’s as I would see it. A lot simpler to utilize!
- They handle year-end charge administrative work for you, though on Etsy you are accountable for your very own expense fate.
- If you live in a spot where you can take part in the Amazon Associates program, you can list your products on your site and take a cut of any buy made by means of clicking that interface.
- Actual vender help from Amazon – Etsy has dependably been moderate to react to dealer issues and does not offer telephone support, however with handmade at Amazon you can ring them and get the help you need.
Cons Of Selling On Handmade At Amazon:
- Higher charges. Though Etsy expenses are $0.20 a posting and 3.5% for each posting that sells, Amazon takes a level 12% charge from each posting that sells. Be that as it may, your postings never terminate, and it doesn’t cost cash to list things.
The Most Effective Method To Apply For Handmade At Amazon
Not at all like Etsy, have handmade at Amazon had a genuinely severe reviewing process to experience before they acknowledge you as a dealer. You can’t simply join and begin selling right away!
The application process is genuinely effortless – simply need to respond to questions and supply data about your products and yourself. Now, you’ll improve applying on the off chance that you’ve been selling online as of now, as they are checking on every one of the stores of the people who apply.
You can apply here at Handmade Amazon and then wait for the confirmation email.
Beginning On Amazon Handmade
When you’ve been acknowledged, you’ll get an email disclosing how to get your record all set up. I’m not going to go over this in detail since you’ll have all the data there. If you do have questions put it in the comments section at the bottom of this article.
Beginning on handmade at Amazon implies basically rounding out heaps of data about the products. In the event that you have your business enrolled, ensure you have such data close by.
In the event that you’ve never sold on Amazon, you’ll need to set up a merchant account. If you have an individual merchant account, you’ll need to move up to a professional one. Try not to agree to accept the professional selling records before you’ve been acknowledged to sell at handmade at Amazon. Selling on Amazon professionally regularly costs $39.99 every month, except on the off chance that you get acknowledged into handmade at Amazon, they will postpone that charge until 31/12/2019.
Make Your “Craftsman Profile”
The principal thing you’ll need to do is make an Artisan profile for yourself. Head to your dealer page to discover the connection to do this. This is basically your retail facade and will be what you can connect your clients to.
There are three areas inside your craftsman profile, so ensure you’re rounding it out totally. Remember that you have no power over the content separating on this page! In case you’re a drifter like me you’ll finish up with greater squares of content.
Attempt to get some unmistakable photographs of your workspace and your things, and furthermore set up a decent picture of yourself in case you’re OK with it. I completely comprehend not having any desire to take photographs or put yourself out there. In any case, it’ll make clients feel progressively good to see you’re a genuine individual, this is the case in my experience.
The extra focus for photographs of you making your products goes a long way.
Setting Up Your Shipping
Handmade at Amazon really recommends you post postings first, then you can arrange your shopping costs.
In the least, set up your desired delivery area if you sell only locally.
At that point, head down to the following delivery module. Y
ou can do per thing/weight based delivering OR dispatching that scales with the complete expense of the request.
Snap the “Change Shipping Model” catch to look at those alternatives.
From that point onward, you’ll have to click “alter” and pick which locales you need to ship to and what delivery paces you’d like to offer.
After you do this and snap “proceed” you’ll see a rundown where you can enter your delivery costs for every district.
Remember that you’ll need to click “proceed” and after that affirm again on the following page or it won’t spare your changes.
So as to make sense of your transportation costs, you’ll need to get a gauge from the site of the delivery company you’ve utilized.
Ensure that you’re considering in the expense of delivery and bundling – you would prefer not to lose cash when you mail out your products.
Overseeing Orders And Shipping
When a client puts in a request, you’ll see the date the thing needs to send by. Make a point to modify your processing occasions as important so you don’t ship requests out late. Make sure you’re ready to purchase and print delivery marks straightforwardly from the site, this makes it overly simple.
Amazon tracks what you do. This data is accessible to your clients, so it is critical to remain on top of requests and discuss well with your clients.
Dealing With Your Inventory
I truly like Amazon’s stock framework. You have simple access to such a great amount of data initially, and you’re ready to alter, erase and duplicate postings.
Here are some examples:
- Amazon relegates an SKU to each posting, which will be helpful when conversing with clients on the off chance that they have any issues!
- You can perceive how much it charges you’re going to pay for each posting.
- The right-hand drops down menu on each posting line will be the one you’ll utilize principally for altering your postings.
- You can alter costs directly from this screen.
Good luck with your journey selling on handmade at Amazon and I hope that it is very profitable for you!
Are you interested to learn more?
➡ Get FREE access to my E-BOOK + TRAINING VIDEO on My #1 Way To Make Money Online from the comfort of your own home:
➡ Did you find this post useful… Would you be interested in an easy and detailed guide on how to make money online?
If you would, or you have questions regarding this post, let me know in comments below.
➡ Questions? Ask in comments >>
Did you like this post/method?… Let me know in comments.