In the context of the complicated Covid epidemic, Venmo has emerged as a cashless transaction solution to help reduce the risk of disease transmission. This great e-wallet cum social network is getting a lot of attention from users. Every day there are more than 10 million transactions on the Venmo wallet. In order not to interrupt your transactions, you need to add funds to your Venmo wallet and check the transactions. How to add funds to Venmo? In this article, we will show you 3 simple ways to add funds to Venmo to help you take control of your transactions.
Similar to How to Add Funds to Venmo:
What you need to know about Venmo Accounts and Venmo Balance
The funds in your Venmo e-wallet account are made up of any money that you have received from a loved one and have not yet spent it. Here are the steps by which you can check your balance in Venmo:
- Press the ☰ button in the right corner of the application screen name
- Scroll up and look for the $ symbol in the desktop.
- You then tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner.
- Your Venmo account balance will appear shortly after
- With the updated design, when you can’t find the button ☰ then tap
- Your Venmo account balance shows up at the top of your personal transaction feed
Here are 3 simple ways you can top up your Venmo balance
Method 1: Add money to Venmo with a linked bank account
This is the most common way for you to add to your Venmo e-wallet balance. You first need to link your bank account to Venmo and verify it. The specific steps are as follows:
- Select the “☰” icon in the right corner of the app
- Tap “Settings” and then chose “Payment Methods”
- Select “Add a bank or card…” and then chose “Bank”
- Finally, choose your preferred verification method
In Venmo, you can use 2 verification methods, the first is the Instant Verification method. Now you just need to enter the username and password that you use for online banking. Venmo will use Plaid to verify this account is valid and has enough balance for you to make transactions.
With manual bank account verification, you need to make sure you have at least $2 in your account. Vemo will transfer to your account a small amount and then withdraw 2 equivalent amounts to offset the amount transferred. The debit/credit information will appear on your bank account within 1-3 business days. Once you see these debits and credits, you can visit the Venmo website to verify your bank account.
Once you have successfully verified your bank account, you can add funds to Venmo by following these steps:
- Tap the icon at the top right of the app screen
- Click “Manage Balance”
- Click “Add or Move”
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to your Venmo wallet * and click “Finish”
- Select the bank account you want to transfer money to and click “Next”
- Review the transfer information and expected arrival date (this part you need to look carefully) then click “Deposit”.
- Once you have pressed the “Deposit” button, you cannot cancel this transaction
- You can only deposit up to $1,500.00 to Venmo wallet per week.
Method 2: add funds to Venmo with a debit card
In addition to using a bank account, you can use a Mastercard ® Debit or Credit card to add funds to your Venmo account. One thing to keep in mind is that you will incur a standard fee of 3% when paying for transactions by debit or credit card.
To add funds to Venmo from your Credit or Debit Card, follow the instructions below:
- From the Venmo app home page, select the ☰ icon to open the menu.
- Select Balance Management
- Select Add Money
- Enter the amount to add to the Venmo wallet and then click Done.
- Select the Linked Credit or Debit Card you want
- Of course, before adding money to Venmo with a credit card, you also need to add the card to your Venmo account first and verify the card. Here is your guide:
- Tap the “☰” icon on the app screen
- In the “Settings” section, select “Payment method
- Tap “Add bank or card…” then tap “Card”
- Add your card information by camera or manually enter the card number, expiration date and 3 key numbers
During this process, if you encounter problems, please contact the card issuer immediately to have it resolved. Most of the time, it’s because you entered the wrong ZIP code. Another important thing to note is that it is not possible to transfer money from Venmo to a credit card. In addition, there is no way to correct the information if you enter the wrong card expiration date. Now remove the card from Venmo and link it again.
Method 3: Request money from your friends or relatives
In addition to the above 2 methods, to get more money into your Venmo account, you can request to send money from friends or relatives. To request to send money from you, please:
- Find the “Request” button on the main screen
- Select the friends you want to request money transfer to
- Fill in the amount and note
One interesting thing that you can find on Venmo is that it has a function to request money via iMessage. You will be able to use this feature if your device owns iOS 10 or a higher operating system. In this feature, the sender and receiver both have to make sure to accept Venmo payments via iMessage. You just need to turn on the extension on iMessage to do this
With the instructions above, it should be easy to make transactions on Venmo right. A few notes for you is to carefully check the information you enter when linking your bank account or credit card to avoid errors. Venmo does not bear any risk of money loss and the support process will be quite cumbersome. You can only transfer up to 15000 USD a week, so plan your spending wisely. Hope this article is really useful for you. It is possible that when you first use Venom, you will have many difficulties in terms of operation steps. However, you will quickly master this application.