Best Way To Invoice Clients Online
Best Way To Invoice Clients Online
When you are making money in your own freelance business you have to get clients to pay you quickly. The best way to invoice clients online is to use accounting software like Freshbooks. Check out the tutorial steps below.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, there is no extra cost to you
Step 1: Create Your Invoice On Your Phone, Tablet or Laptop
By using Freshbooks you can easily send out your invoice in a couple of minutes – and it will send automatic reminders for you until you receive the payment.
This really helps busy business owners who have a lot of things to do in one day. You can save more time and get the money flowing in.
If you are new to accounting software, don’t worry.
Watch this short video below to see how easy it is to create your first invoice on Freshbooks:
In addition, clients love to have the Freshbooks app on their phone.
Pull out your phone and send out invoices even when you are travelling or out of the office.
Related to Best Way To Invoice Clients Online:
Step 2: How To Send An Invoice
An invoice is a list of services or products given to a client which includes the cost of those services.
Since they owe your business money, a statement is sent by you to someone else.
Invoices come in all sizes and shapes.
They are typed on Word, Excel or may be handwritten on a scrap of newspaper, or created using specialist software.
However, we recommend that the best way to go is using software or your phone.
Most invoices follow a certain template like the FreshBooks invoice template.
Now that you have learnt how to create an invoice, the next step is to send it out.
Watch the short video below to easily learn how to do it:
Step 3: What is the Point of An Invoice?
We'll talk about the invoice template in more detail in a moment.
Let us examine an invoice's purpose first.
Let us start with a simple definition for a freelancer or a company owner.
Invoices are the instrument you use to ask for which you're owed.
I didn't know precisely what a statement was once I started out in business school.
Nowadays, I send invoices many times each month.
Invoices are the instrument I use to ask for what I'm owed.
We live in a culture where there's certain norms and cultural expectation when we discuss money.
I use online invoicing to send invoices automatically attached in an email when a customer owes me $50 - $5,000.
They always pay on time this way and then I can deliver the valuable service quickly as a result. Win-win.
In a nutshell, online invoicing is a polite and efficient way of requesting payment.
In addition, invoices provide a document that clients can use for their financial and tax records.
Invoices provide your customers with an overview of what they will receive from you.
In my experience, most customers always pay me after I've sent a statement to them.
That doesn't mean before sending a statement, you can't be paid, but it is how most business transactions work.
Even when you're paid before that you send an invoice, some clients will expect that you to send one in.
Step 4: What Should An Invoice Include?
Invoices vary depending on who's sending them, here are some tips:
- The company name is placed on top of the page as the title of the document
- The name and contact details of the seller or service provider
- Company logo
- The name and contact details of the buyer
- A full breakdown of costs and the total tax amount due
- Next, you need to include an invoice number
- Every invoice you send must have a different number
- The simplest approach is to start with invoice number one for the first invoice you send out and operate up from there
- Also, add in details of the service or product provided. This way, your client can see what they are paying for.
- Include the date. And the date the service or product will be delivered
- For instance, as a content producer, I include the time-frame that a sponsored article will be accepted for publication and notes depending on what my customer prefers
- What had been the different project components you delivered to complete a project, and how much did each component cost?
- Optionally, you can list your freelance hourly rate and the time that you spent on each project component
Best Way To Invoice Clients Online: Conclusion
In conclusion, the best way to invoice clients online will do most of the invoice numbering and calculations for you.
The advantage of this is that it will save you a lot of time and make sure that your figures are accurate before you send invoices to your clients and get paid.
Are you interested to learn more?
➡ Get FREE access to my E-BOOK + TRAINING VIDEO about the best system to earn money online and have your marketing on autopilot from the comfort of your own home:
➡ Did you find this post useful… Would you be interested in an easy and detailed guide on how to make money online?
If you would, or you have questions regarding this post, let me know in comments below.
Questions? Ask in comments >>
Did you like this post/method?… Let me know in comments.