So you want to get a hunch, but you’re not willing to go out and throw a hundred buckets. You have decided to stay home and try something different with your partner. What do you do? A spa date at home is the best of a cheap date.
Eating out and watching Netflix is a normal weekend, right? What if you used that free time to do a spa night as a couple? Imagine how easy it would be to tease each other. It doesn’t matter to the world. Just you and your partner absorbing the good vibes and enjoying each other. That is what we are looking for in this guide to have a relaxing spa night at home with your boyfriend or girlfriend. So in this article let’s talk about at home spa date night ideas.
Best Ideas for Spa Date at Home
Spa night hours
Technically, you can do the spa night at home if you want. But, this will definitely work best when you spend it with someone special. Pick a time when you both have no obligations and are not upset.
- Massages learn to give a good massage and make this one of your main activities. Remove, oil the areas and work those dances and axes. Take your time and communicate with what they like. And try different parts of the body like hands, feet, neck, back and others.
- Soak. It could include your food or hands or go full-length. You can take a hot bath and go with the basics or add bubbles, oils, salt, and aroma. A bath bomb is a good option because we both know that you probably have a dozen somewhere in your house.
- Mask. Make a DIY face mask, store a commercial paper mask, or use one of your favorite products. Slice up a cucumber for the eyes like you see in the movies and turn it into a crisp glass of water. Try a few different masks ahead of time to find out which one you think is best for your spa night.
- Hugs. Make a figure of space so that you can position your body for the best hugs. Or, at the very least, know the space so you can be around without turning someone else off.
Make the spa kit
Do you want to set up a spa appointment at home the night before? You can put together a DIY spa kit so you’re ready to relax instead of getting tired of collecting everything.
For the DIY spa kit:
- Cute container
- Shower gel or bubble bath
- Bath bombs
- Body lotions
- Face masks
- Salt scrubs
- Candles or diffusing oils
- Scrub crops
- Foot soaks
- eye mask
- Body butter
Many of these scrubs can be made at home with a little Epsom salt and essential oils. Pink Himalayan salt seems to be all the rage these days. The scrub can use sugar and oils in your little DIY relaxation kit. A hint of caffeine from green tea mixed with water and sugar can make your skin feel alive and tingly too!
Set the mood
Mood is probably one of the most important parts of making your own spa night at home. This usually results in the full lighting, music, and meaning of the night. What can you do to create the nightly atmosphere of the spa?
- Chill Music. Choose background music or something groovy without words. Nothing too upbeat, but slow and melodic so it’s enough to add some humor, but not enough to draw. We like to use genres like fi or a favorite soundtrack, as they usually have no lyrics.
- Low lights. This is where candles come in if you have them. If not, turn on the lights in a nearby room and let the light enjoy. This keeps the room semi-dark, but not when you find yourself in another room or fall asleep from relaxing too much.
- Clean room. Clean the room before you want to relax, whether it’s in the bathroom, bedroom, living room, or patio. You don’t want to clear the urge when you’re supposed to be calm. Also, you don’t want to randomly pick up weapons when you’re feeling clean.
- Nice smell. Fragrant candles and oils will do the trick here. Pick something you both like, or go with classics like vanilla, lavender, or sea breeze. You can really put the scent theme on and activate that aromatherapy by combining it with the body products you are using too!
- Good snacks. Things like chocolates, strawberries, whipped cream, and other foods and snacks that we pair with romantic dates are perfect for tonight. You want to pick something easy and a no-mess snack. But have something that makes you tempt another.
Enjoy the Romance
Put off whatever you have in mind and enjoy living in the moment. You probably don’t have to make an appointment at the spa that starts frequently as it’s expensive. You don’t have enough free time with your loved one in case you get stuck making late-night mistakes. So relax and enjoy each other’s company, the mood, and a glass of wine and some snacks.
Soak in the tub until your fingers turn to raisins. Feel all these aches and pains disappear with a pleasant deep tissue massage. Enjoy how nice your skin feels after a healthy diversion from lotions or oils.
Extra ideas of spa nights for couples
What else could you add to a date night at the home spa? Try something like this:
- Try massage oils instead of lotions
- Heat your towels in the dryer to make them tastier.
- Take the time to exfoliate those spots that are difficult to reach.
- Close the area to allow steam to escape (great for your pores)
- Add a scent with a diffuse or scented candles.
- Shade each other (all over the world)
- Give a great shoulder and / or foot massage
- Keep your electronic devices off, no phones!
Before you go, I hope this above article at home spa date night ideas is helpful and informational for you.