Hey guys! What makes you really happy? The psychology professor from Cornell University named Thomas Gilovich found that we experience the same increase in happiness when we buy something we want and when we go traveling. However, the amount of happiness we get from our purchases fades over time, while the memories of our traveling experience continue to supply us with happiness hormones for much longer.
I decided to test this theory for myself! I spent my money not on the latest greatest digital toy but on a trip to the beach for me and my friends. This is what came of it.
Other videos you might like:
7 Air Travel Tips to Know Before Your Flight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G31tQJdnTQ&
What Every Country In the World Is Best At? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkLsAJ2TEEE&
10 Popular Cities That Can Be Extremely Dangerous for Tourists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8EcRcJRwyo&
Why I decided to spend my money on travel 1:04
How my first trip changed me 2:25
What traveling is perfect for 5:02
Wanna travel alone? A few simple rules 7:29
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– One day, I was doing some late-night online shopping (surprise surprise), looking for a cell phone I’d seen in some commercial earlier that day.
– I accidentally clicked on some pop-up ad and found myself on a travel agency’s website. An article in their blog section caught my eye, so I started reading.
– I decided to test this theory for myself! I spent my money not on the latest greatest digital toy but on a trip to the beach for me and my friends. And that turned out to be the best decision I’ve ever made! That trip completely changed me.
– After all my travel adventures, I can assure you – that smart professor was right because I’ve never been happier in my life!
– Going to new places pushed me out of my comfort zone. Before, I used to be a fan of strict scheduling and to-do lists. Now, I love being spontaneous and just going with the flow.
– Traveling is also a great way to make new friends. I can’t even tell you how many awesome people I’ve met.
– No matter how interesting and exciting my new destination spot is, I always love coming back home. After spending some time in an unfamiliar place not knowing what tomorrow holds, I’ve learned to truly enjoy the cozy predictability of my life.-
– During that vacation, I got really comfortable in the water, and I even took some diving lessons! And after that incredible trip to Barcelona, I even joined a dancing class to learn flamenco!
– When was the last time you spent a whole day without touching your phone? Can’t remember, huh? Well, I don’t blame you; we do live in a digital age, after all. But believe me, there’s nothing like taking a break from the Internet and just being fully present in the moment.
– If you’re going to some really remote place without reliable Internet or cell service, then schedule when you’re gonna get in touch with them and stick to it. It’ll save them from unnecessary worry.
– Call your bank ahead of time and check if you can use your card abroad. Most banks will block a card if it’s being used in a foreign country and the cardholder didn’t warn them about it in advance.
– Make sure you have everything at your fingertips. Download maps of all the places you’re going to stay, guides, transit routes, currency converters, translators, and whatnot.
– Locals are the perfect source for free advice on what the best restaurants, sights, and other places of interest are in a particular city.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: