In the Spotlight: TV Presenter & Singer Liana Wall
January 21, 2015
My interview with Liana Wall – the talented & entrepreneurial TV Presenter, Model and Musician based in London, UK
1. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview Liana! Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you do…
Hello 🙂 – My name is Liana, I’m a TV Presenter, Model, Singer, Actress and Dance Studio Owner. I am smiley, bubbly and friendly, hard working and a kind generous person
2. Last year you started running your own dance studio, how is this going?
Very well thank you. It took years to find the perfect venue that ticks all the boxes for a dancer and other dance companies so they can hire. it was a challenge to transform a two story office building into 2 purpose built dance studios. Knocking down walls, laying down flooring, long hours and lots of bruises. It was tough but the end results makes it all worth it.
3. Your awesome single “Get a Little Closer” reached number 5 in the USA Dance Charts – do you plan on making more music soon?
Yes absolutely, I am always writing music. My label are always plugging my music – recently one of my tracks featured at the Nickelodeon Choice Awards which was fabulous. I took a little break being in the music studio to go and work in the dance studio….you will always find me in a “studio” one way or the other 🙂
4. You’ve also done a lot of work on TV, can you give our readers 1 tip for staying confident in front of the camera?
Be yourself! A lot of my TV work has been Live TV and i think some presenters get too nervous and worried abut what to say. To be honest, the audience like muck ups and the way to keep the audience tuned in is to be natural. If you are yourself – you will feel confident and your audience will enjoy it.
5. What has been the biggest challenge with managing the ‘administration’ side of the work you do?
Time!!! Thats the biggest challenge, If i could add a couple of extra hours in the day I would. I am very organised so i try to have an order and plan for all the admin so that my brain doesn’t get to jumbled with all the different duties.
6. How do you manage your time each week to stay on top of everything?
By getting up early, being focused and staying focused. I enjoy business too which is lucky as I enjoy completing and managing tasks. Positive thinking always helps too. At the end of the day we are all only human and we can only do as much as we can.
7. You’re from the beautiful city of St. Albans (near me in Luton!), where is your favourite place to travel to?
St Albans is stunning. Its has so much history and the people are lovely too. I do like to travel (although aeroplanes are not my favourite way to travel – slight phobia) but anywhere that has calm beautiful sunsets and breathtaking views. My favourite place I have been to is Finland (Lapland) – I went a Christmas once and it really is spectacular.
8. What fuels you to keep going every day?
Myself.. No one else is going to do it for me and in life if you want something you have to go out and get it. I have been very independent from a young age. Starting my first business at 16 – juggling the music and singing was tough but I am my own tool and I had to go and achieve what I want out of life. I have the passion and drive in me – so instead of partying with friends as a teen I was taking bookings and working in the home
9. Please take a moment to close your eyes and imagine the incredible future in front of you. What is the BIGGEST goal you would like to achieve?
I would like to make a difference and be an inspiration to others. I would like to create music to relate to people. Further Dance Studios to develop people and continue TV hosting to entertain people. If i can be someone who can make (even if its only one) persons life better – that is my goal completed.
10. Lastly, where can we find and follow you online?