Spotlight: Online Business Expert & Angel Investor Ryan Eagle
1. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Please tell us a bit about your online business life and your more recent tangible business life…
I’m currently heavily involved in two businesses. The first one, Sidago Integrated Solutions, is an managed service provider helping businesses outsource work. We’ve been extremely successful because we can provide an entirely managed solution for a fraction of the cost of a local workforce. My other entity is XCell Fund, an angel investment company that invests in and starts businesses in several different verticals.
2. What inspired you to start doing your own thing?
I was born into this – what can I say? I’ve looked up to businessmen my whole life with role models like Bill Gates. I’ve been self-employed since I was 16 years old and I’ve never looked back. I love having control over my destiny and not having a ceiling on what I can do. Most importantly, I love doing what I do and waking up to work everyday is exciting.
3. What has been your biggest achievement so far?
My sobriety, because without that I will have nothing.
4. What fuels you to keeps you going each day?
I thirst for more and have extremely high goals and standards that I set for myself. The only way I can achieve these goals is by working harder, smarter, and more efficient than the rest.
5. You have an amazing fiance. How important is it having the right partner?
Very important! She is the light of my life and motivates me to work smarter, not longer, so I can get out and spend time with her. We’ve been together over 5 years now and got engaged on Valentines day.
6. What is your number 1 favourite purchase of all time? And why?
I’m a car guy – what can I say? Even though I try to be low key these days, I still have a flashy personality.
7. If you could get the perfect help from an online tax return business, what would they do for you?
They would do it right the first time.
8. Take a moment to close your eyes. Where do you see yourself in 5 year’s time?
With my family hopefully on an exotic vacation somewhere!
9. What was it like balancing making money with your personal life?
Finding balance is always the difficult part, isn’t it? After having my daughter recently the importance of time optimization became even more apparent. In mid-2014 I made it a goal to try a more normal schedule and have been working it, for the most part, since then. What is the point of working if it’s only to work more, right? Now I work 9-5 and then resume a short shift later at night to catch up with my offshore teams as they start their day. I heard a great line recently that I apply to myself – “If you don’t get off at 5pm, the job is too big for you”.
10. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Where can we find and follow you online?
Google me, I’m everywhere. I appreciate the interview!