In the Spotlight: Mosaic Artist Dionne Ible
1. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview Dionne. Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you do…
Hi Ruth! I’m a full-time mosaic artist with 2 children. I currently work from home and create African inspired mosaics. I also teach adults mosaic creativity, host parties and work in schools and clubs with their mosaic projects.
2. When did you start making your art work?
I first started in 2002 with a 10 week course in London.
3. How did it feel when you first started doing your own thing?
So exciting and gratifying! I couldn’t quite comprehend how doing what I do now was what I have been looking for all these years.
4. Do you see yourself as creative artist as well a ‘business’?
Most definitely an artist first and business woman second.
5. What has been the biggest challenge with managing the ‘administration’ side of the work you do?
The biggest challenge would be prioritising and organising which part of the administration I need to focus on.
6. What was your biggest fear about running as a limited company?
Earning enough money to pay all my bills.
7. Can you give one recommendation for staying creative?
Yes. Make sure you are passionate about what you do so the hunger never dies and ensure you do something each day which is creative.
8. What fuels you to keep going every day?
My family, willingness to succeed and determination to help other people who want to live their dreams.
9. Please take a moment to close your eyes and imagine the incredible future in front of you. What is the BIGGEST goal you would like to achieve?
10. Awesome, sounds similar to my goal! Where can we find and follow you online?
You can find me on the following social media outlets:
Pinterest: Qemamu Mosaics
LinkedIn: Dionne Ible