Spotlight Interview: The Co-Founder of a UK-Based Accountancy Firm! @PearlAccount
1) Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Please tell us a bit
about yourself and what you do currently…
I am a chartered accountant, besides this profession, I run a few successful businesses, one of which is Pearl Accountants. I also lecture at various London universities as a tax and business lecturer on topics such as making tax digital, effective strategies to grow a startup or even insights into Cloud accounting for softwares such as Quickbooks or Xero. Moreover, I speak publically at different business conferences throughout the year as both an accountant and entrepreneur. I have been fortunate enough to be recognised for my passion for business and finance, which led to an invitation to appear on the BBC to discuss new opportunities for start-ups. In summary, you could describe me as a busy, but a passionate entrepreneur.
2) What inspired you to start doing your own business venture?
I have always had a passion for making things big, without restricting others or myself. I would seek advantageous and limitless solutions that would not hinder or hold me back. As you know, my viewpoint towards business is that it can be limitless. So, starting my own business venture was the natural thing to do, but it was and still is very exciting.
3) What has been your biggest achievement so far?
I have to say that my biggest achievement is how my start-up grew from just me working on a PC in my bedroom to an office, then multiple offices, and now to a nationwide brand. We also won one of the contestants as FOF with QuickBooks Accountants as I was reflecting on my achievements, seeing the growth demonstrates that there truly isn’t a limit when you’re passionate and dedicated about your business venture.
4) What fuels you to keeps you going each day?
I am motivated and fuelled by my happy customers, who sometimes or always come back to us with positive feedback. Hearing or reading how grateful and happy they are because we have provided a cost-effective solution, resulting in huge savings on their tax bills. Besides from passion for what I do professionally, it’s the happy customers that keep my fire burning and motivates me to provide outstanding levels of service continuously.
5) Who are the top 3 celebrities/experts you’d love to work with? And why?
The three celebrities/experts I would love to work with are:
- Richard Branson – I admire how he has built his success from one large brand, taking numerous risks and experimenting in multiple industries. Richard Branson demonstrates how limitless business can be when you’re passionate but also when you can see the potential (when sometimes you’re the only one).
- Stephen Spielberg – He started his career when he was very young, he focused on what he was passionate about, film-making. He then pursued this professionally and is now a world-renowned director leading a team of successful filmmakers. His gradual, professional development is the embodiment of what hard work and following your passions/dreams can result in a successful career or venture.
- Alan Sugar – I have high regard for how Alan Sugar started from the ground up, and as his business grew he changed a diversified not just his businesses, but himself as a brand.
6) Take a moment to close your eyes. Where do you see yourself in 5 year’s time?
In five years, I see my businesses developing, having leaner processes, offering additional services and continuously diversifying the brand to meet the current trends and customer requirements and most importantly to always ensure we keep up our excellent customer service.
7) If you could get the perfect help from an online tax return service, what would
they do for you?
If I were to receive perfect help from an online tax company, I would expect the same level of service that is provided by Pearl Accountants.
- A dedicated accountant to review, maintain and manage the tax returns
- Regularly update and upload the relevant information on to the portal
- Easy to navigate user interface
- Various options concerning communication, such as face to face meeting, telephone, email and possibly Skype
- Reasonable prices
- Reviews to be conducted in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
8) Can you give our readers 2 key tips for success in business?
My two top tips are simple but effective.
- Hard work
- Do what you love
9) If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring 3 things what would
If I were stranded on a desert island, I would like to have a fishing net, knife, and of course some shorts.
10) How do you describe yourself in 5 words?
11) Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Where can we find
and follow you online?
Facebook – PearlCharteredAccountants
Twitter – PearlAccount
LinkedIn – Shoaib Aslam MAAT ACA
Instagram – _saslam_
Got a Question?
>> Leave your feedback or questions in the comments below.
*Get your own interview here: https://taxtwerk.com/advertise