Self-employed never filed taxes

Self-employed never filed taxes tips

Are you self-employed never filed taxes? Learn more about what you need to do today.

Independent workers and independent contractors have more complex tax obligations than those they earn as employees. Self-employed persons must report and report their own income from self-employment in their tax returns. And most importantly, they must pay the estimated taxes during the year. This is because independent contractors do not withhold taxes from their salary payments as employees. Some independent contractors do not know they have to make estimated tax payments, which means a tax bill in April. If you deal with this problem by ignoring it and not filing a statement, your problem will only have a snow problem and IRS fines and interest will accrue.

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking on my links, there is no extra cost to you


So If you are an independent contractor or are self-employed and need to file tax returns, you must consider five consequences if you do not.

  • If you don’t file your tax returns, the IRS can prepare a return for you.
  • Not filing a return will only make the issue worse
  • If you owe and don’t make arrangements to pay the IRS, the IRS can take all your self-employment income to pay back taxes.
  • Unfilled returns can lower your future Social Security benefits.
  • You may need tax returns for other financial or personal reasons.

Get a Free Quote

[contact-form-7 id=”1584″ title=”Free Tax Consultation Request”] 

Why should you file your tax returns?

  • It’s the law. Filing a tax return cannot be a serious crime.
  • It is difficult to live an adult life as non-declarant. The purchase or refinancing of a house requires that you have submitted your returns, for example.
  • If you want to get married, the presentation cannot be considered a future spouse.
  • The IRS can replace it with a file without making deductions and will need more taxes than if you filed yourself.
  • To obtain health insurance at the health insurance exchange or at, you claim that it is on file.
  • You may have to file your recent tax returns to get student loan assistance for your children (FAFSA).
  • To reduce their vulnerability to identity theft. Our recent opinion is that 50% of multi-annual non-declarations have made a malicious attempt to intercept their reimbursement and / or file under their social security number.

Do you have to submit every year?

In almost every case we see, no, you don’t need to archive files every year. In general, the IRS wants to see the last seven years of returns on file. But it depends. If the IRS submitted it, you would like to replace your Representative Statements with your own statements to reduce the balance you consider. If y

ou are receiving refunds and are not responsible for taxes, you can concentrate only in the last four years (since the statute restricts the reimbursement limits for 3-4 years).

How do your tax professionals help with Tax Services?

Research and analysis.

We obtain exhaustive information about your tax situation, stepping on the Power to publish it and investigate your registration online. By obtaining your tax information online, we do not avoid direct contact with the IRS and we can detect your case.


Decide, sort records and return files.

We will determine the number of years to be submitted. All IRS records will be faxed to our office or downloaded from the IRS services website.


See if the IRS filed it and if you owe money.

There are cases in which the IRS submitted it for you, creating balances owed, and is likely to be a Difficulty Applicant or tender in a Conciliation (OIC). In these cases, we were unable to submit the statements because it is an effort; that you have to fix them anyway, why do they stop you?


Address the balance due.

When we decide what is owed, we make a) prepare a Conciliation Motion to settle the debt, b) determine the status of the difficulties, or c) calculate an accounts receivable agreement.


See if you are receiving refunds.

Before April 15, 2020, you will receive tax refunds for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 if you are entitled to them. After April 15, 2020, you will lose the 2016 reimbursement as the statute prevents reimbursement limits after three years.


Create a template for future compliance.

How do you avoid future tax problems? Establishment of a corporation? Leaving individual loyalty? Is accounting handled through QuickBooks? We promise to help you never have a tax problem, breaking the habit of not filing a return once and for all.


Self-employed Never filed a tax review

I know I could ask a tax professional for help, but I earn very little income and self-employment seems to be presenting almost all the prices I have seen!

Sometimes people write to us saying this and if this is the same for you you can use the Free File program if you are self-employed never filed taxes.

Although, the best thing to do is to talk with a tax expert first to ensure you have all of the legal side covered.


Get a Free Quote

[everest_form id=”65260″]

Leave a Reply