Register With HMRC As a Sole Trader

Register With HMRC As a Sole Trader

If you started doing work independently the limit is 3 months to register with HMRC as a sole trader.

Or if you’re involved with Construction and enrolled to complete a CIS tax return.

The construction industry frequently has deductions made from payments made to the building industry often need deductions made from payments made to them.

Here is what you need to do to register with HMRC as a sole trader:

1) Registering Online

Go to Gov.UK – Registering with basics of the self employed tax return service by following the steps shown on the screen.

This is registering with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and they will send you reminders when your tax bills fall returns in due course plus send you tax statements.


2) Registering By Phone

If you believe that you are due a tax refund then you will need to use the same service to register for ‘self assessment’ before you can start your claim.

How and once do I register? You may either register online on HMRCs website, helpline for your liability for Class 4 NIC is.

Additionally, you can phone HMRC to help with issues covered within the scope of employment and self employment.

This enrollment process covers both taxation and Class 2 NIC.

You should do that as promptly Your liability for Class 4 NIC is wherein you began covered within the scope of.

Your liability for Class 4 NIC is mechanically connected to the enrollment for income tax purposes.

Additionally, they can help you with a tax rebate on the phone if you are entitled to getting money back.


3) Start Date of Trading

You need to make a note of the date that you started trading to register with HMRC as a sole trader.

For example – Amy began trading on October 2019.

The most recent date that she should notify HMRC that she started trading is 5 October 2019.

What happens after you register?

Every year, shortly after 5 Apr, you’ll a reminder to pay off your tax return online you’ve previously lodged your tax return online, a reminder to pay off your tax return online.

Watch out, because if you miss a lot of reminders you’ll have to pay a late penalty.


4) What To Do Next

It is quite simple.

After you have registered, keep track of all of your expenses and income over the year.

All of the technical tax related issues can be done for you by a tax professional.

Or you can use accounting software to track everything more easily.

In summary, the goal is to legally claim back all of your tax deductions after you register with HMRC as a sole trader.

This will help you to keep more money in your pocket and you can do your tax returns online in just a few clicks to fill out the short online forms.


Are you interested to learn more?

➡ Get FREE access to my E-BOOK + TRAINING VIDEO about the best system to earn money online and have your marketing on autopilot from the comfort of your own home:


Did you find this post useful… Would you be interested in an easy and detailed guide on how to make money online?
If you would, or you have questions regarding this post, let me know in comments below.
Questions? Ask in comments >>
Did you like this post/method?… Let me know in comments.


Leave a Reply