Get Unpaid Tax Help from Tax Experts

Do you want to get unpaid tax help from tax experts? While most taxpayers get a refund from the IRS when they file their taxes, some don’t. The IRS offers several payment options for those who are owed taxes. Learn more in this article.

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking on my links, there is no extra cost to you

Get Unpaid Tax Help from Tax Experts 1

What do you know about tax returns?

Most taxpayers must file a tax return each year. The IRS maintains a record of taxpayers who must file but do not file, and the IRS can search for those returns. This can have strong consequences and increasing difficulties. If you have tax returns, the IRS can charge you expensive fines, keep your refund, and even file a return for you without any credit or deduction in your favor (called a substitute return). Whether you have to file one or more returns, you or your tax professional should immediately begin taking steps to file an accurate and complete tax return that will get you in good shape with the IRS.


How to file tax returns


  • Obtain all the information required to file the due return.

    Start by requesting your payment and income transcripts from the IRS. These transcripts will help you identify Forms W-2 and 1099 that you will need to prepare your return. You can also request a transcript of your account to see estimated tax payments or other credits posted to your account for that fiscal year.

  • Collect information about self-employment, investments, and any other income that is not registered with the IRS.
  • Review your case for deductions and credits.
  • If necessary, ask the IRS for more time to file the late return, to avoid any enforcement action (such as a refund, lien, or lien replacement).
  • Identify any special processing required for your late filing statement (such as date stamping or filing with an IRS compliance unit).
  • If you have multiple returns that were previously due, the IRS generally requires you to file the current years and past six years’ returns. But your specific facts and IRS rules will determine how far back you must file.


  • Complete the return and send it to the appropriate IRS unit.

  • Fill out your tax returns accurately. It would be best to double-check your return with your IRS transcripts to make sure you have included all of your income as reported to the IRS, and that it has included all of your estimated withholding/tax payments.
  • If you are in debt and unable to pay the full amount, consider requesting a payment agreement with the return filed.
  • Attach a penalty relief request to the return, if applicable. If you have a statement that must be previously filed on file, you may qualify for the penalty exemption for not filing and paying a fine. If you have to file multiple returns, it is more difficult to process the return and manage the fines and balances owed. You will need to further investigate your pain relief options in these complex cases.
  • Mail your return to the correct IRS location.
  • Be sure to get proof that you filed, in case the IRS does not process your return or has related compliance activity (such as IRS collection notices, lien, lien or non-return filing investigation).


  • Monitor returns processing and other compliance activities.

  • Request transcripts of your account periodically or contact the appropriate IRS unit to ensure that the IRS has processed your return.
  • If the IRS has taken prerequisite actions for the undisclosed return (for example, filing a return representative), follow up to make sure the IRS will close the case with no outstanding issues.

[everest_form id=”64395″]


Before you go, I hope this article on how to get unpaid tax help from tax experts is helpful for you.


Leave a Reply

Sign Up to Get the Latest Offers

Enter Your Email Address to Receive free access today: