In October 2018, the British royal family announced that Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is pregnant and due to give birth next spring. And while this is certainly very exciting news, you might not be aware of the unusual rules Markle will have to follow during her pregnancy.
One of them is she can’t travel at all! This is particularly true about flying abroad. It all has to do with safety measures: royal women have to stay as close to home as possible so that can get any necessary help in case of an emergency. If you’re ready to find out what the other rules are, then watch the video!
No travelling abroad 0:47
No comfortable shoes for the expectant mother 1:26
No casual clothes either 2:00
Morning sickness can become public knowledge 2:36
No baby showers 3:08
She must NOT reveal the baby’s gender in public 4:08
No gender-revealing baby clothes either 4:38
There will be a special receiving blanket for the baby 5:10
The Queen is the first person to be notified of the birth 5:42
There shouldn’t be any extravagant names for the baby 5:28
#meghanmarkle #pregnancy #royalfamily
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Swelling is an absolutely normal process that happens during any pregnancy, whether it’s royal or not, and the feet are typically the area that swells up the most. Most women deal with this problem by opting for comfortable shoes or airy sandals. Unfortunately, expectant royals can’t afford such an indulgence.
– Just like with footwear, an expectant member of the royal family is still supposed to follow the royal dress code.
– Kate Middleton had really bad morning sickness during all 3 of her pregnancies. The clinical name for this condition is Hyperemesis gravidarum, and according to the official royal website, the Duchess suffered from an acute case of it.
– As the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle will probably have to miss a pre-birth baby shower. First of all, this tradition is typical in the US but not the UK.
– One of the most important royal pregnancy traditions is that the baby’s gender must NOT be revealed to the public before its birth.
– You might think that buying pink or blue baby clothes is a loophole to that previous rule, but the royal family has definitely thought ahead! Since the baby’s gender is top secret, Meghan will have to buy a layette with gender-neutral colors, like yellow.
– A light and cozy receiving blanket to swaddle a newborn in is a great baby shower present. But that’s not the case for royal babies!
– According to royal protocol, the Queen is to be informed first and foremost via an encrypted phone call. And if Meghan gives birth at 3 AM, the new parents will have to wait until the Queen wakes up at 8 AM to tell her the good news.
– Meghan probably won’t be allowed to pick some unusual or extravagant name for her little one.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: