In the Spotlight Interview: Director at JNB Publishing Ian Abrahams
September 1, 2015
1. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you do…
We are a creative publishing agency that helps successful businesses to create and maintain a professional visual identity that gives them the winning edge. Our full service approach means that we can take care of everything from stationery through to signage, promotional items to exhibition displays and websites to direct marketing.
2. What inspired you to start doing your own thing?
The initial idea was to publish a local entertainment magazine that we still publish to this day. Our clients liked the way we designed the ads that went in the magazine and asked us to do other things and it grew from there. Our main passion is coming up with the best possible solution and surpassing the expectations of our clients.
3. What has been your biggest achievement so far?
Without question my two gorgeous children who a love to bits. Aside from that I’d say making it 16 years in business and continuing to grow whilst retaining so many of the clients we have picked up along the way.
4. What fuels you to keeps you going each day?
The opportunity to really help people and being great at what we do. Providing outstanding customer service and receiving positive feedback from satisfied customers.
6. Can you tell us what big things you have planned for the year?
No big plans, just continuing to grow and develop. Maybe picking up one or two more lovely customers.
7. If you could get the perfect help from an online bookkeeping service, what would they do for you?
Our current systems are somewhat reliant on having someone take care of this in-house but I’d say as will all suppliers you want professional service, honesty and reliability.
8. Take a moment to close your eyes. Where do you see yourself in 5 year’s time?
At work doing what I love with a higher bank balance and the knowledge that I have plenty of holidays booked with my family throughout the year.
9. Can you give our readers 1 tip for managing time and staying creative?
Time management is my continual personal self-development issue so I am not the best person to ask about time management! The best advice I was given was to write a to do list the night before so that your mind can process this overnight and you are prepared when you get in. Plenty of rest helps creativity – you cant be creative if your exhausted.
10. Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Where can we find and follow you online?
Hello, my name is Ruth and I'm the founder of TaxTwerk.com. Also the author of the bestselling books 'How to Make Your Tax Sexy' and '12 LinkedIn Messages That Actually Work'. Did you pick up your free gift from me?>> Get Access Here